Unable to Read Email

• Can Somebody Help

We are running Tobit version 6.60a and it took our old IT support manager many years to get all of our systems running well.

Our computers have updated to internet explorer 7 or 8 and now we are unable to read any HTML emails.

We can preveiw them just fine.

Tobit no longer support this version I was wondering if anybody had found a fix? :?:

11th October 2009
    As A quick fix, I have added Firefox 3.5.3 as an additional web browser. This enables all the extra features that you need to work with web based prgrams and Tobit still uses Internet explorer six to veiw and edit HTML emails.
    Not perfect but this does get around the problem we were having.
    If anybody does find a fix though please let me know.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Mynachdy ()

• To my best knowledge, there is no official or unofficial patch to enable David 6.6' InfoCenter to function with Internet Explorer 7 or higher.

As you have found out, Internet Explorer's html rendering engine is used when displaying a message and also for using forms. The preview is fine.
    This also happens with InfoCenter from David SL/XL and David V8/V8+.

Reverting back to Internet Explorer 6 is the only option i know of to get the full functionality of InfoCenter back.
    As you wrote, using an additinal web browser is indeed a workaround.

Just to be complete:
    InfoCenter from David V8 and David V8+ supports Internet Explorer 7 after installing the latest Featurepack and the Internet Explorer 7 patch.
    InfoCenter from David.zehn will function with Internet Explorer 6 or 7 but needs the latest Featurepack and two patches when Internet Explorer 8 is used.
    Note that David.zehn has been superseded by David.fx.

Important note when buying future hardware:
    Be aware of the fact that when you need to replace a computer with another computer running Windows Vista or Windows 7 that these will be running Internet Explorer 7 or higher.
    Tobit officially supports Windows Vista starting with David.zehn.
    Should you decide to upgrade David, be sure to read the requirements for the server and the workstations for the new David version.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!