upgrade from Fx Pro to R pro

• Hi All!

Presently in our small team, 5 users we are about to upgrade from David fx Pro to David R Pro.

I generally manage most of IT but here some dumb questions Sorry :)

Upgrade! i copied the Vhd file from Tobit, extracted all to server (where present tobit is windows server 2008)

I have run the install.exe on the server and upgraded all that Tobit required, and it seems I am now at the last step

SQL database install

The program asks "to install new SQL database or use one that is available"

as we have been using Tobit fx for some years, I am thinking all our mails are in the present SQL database?

and i like to be able to access them with R Pro.

seems I have to enter the Path to old SQL DB? where do i find the old DB? and how should path be written in the instal program??

Any help greatly appreciated, I can build ships, but IT sometimes requires more

Many thanks

Ian Thompson ?(

• Hello Ian,
    the actual David -version needs an update for the existing SQL-Server.
    If you are using david.fx, then this update should be done before the David-update.
    Best Position for the david-instance of the SQL-Server is ...\David\Code\Database\

If you call me tomorrow afternoon, i can help you via remote maintenance.
    My phone-number is 02131-1515360. (In Germany, if you call from Hamburg. From other contries please use 0049-2131-1515360).

The first ten minutes are free of costs for new customers.

Best regards
    Arnold Antons

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Arno ()

• Arnold, Great job! thanks. If your building ships and are stuck, let me know.
    Rgds
    Ian
    TMS Ships

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!