English help please

• Hello all

Apologies for my lack of German but appreciate if anyone can help. We have Faxware ver 7.00a installed on a server and the process sl.exe consistently runs at 50-60% cpu.

Appreciate any advice on what is causing this and how we can fix it.

Danke!

Lee

• go to the dvadmin console then system configuration and there on the first card below cpu ussage normal /high/low how you want or need... think you should restart the dvise service layer afterwards

• which os?

i think there is an demanged archive. Download the process monitor from microsoft (sysinternals) and run it at a time when nobody works with david and watchout on which archive the process sl.exe want to get access further and further again. If you have found the archive repair it with arcutil.

***********************************************************************************************
    david.fx - 600 User - Windows Server 2008 R2 - 800 GB SAN - VMWare ESxi 5.5
    ***********************************************************************************************

• Thanks for the replies

The OS is Windows Server 2003 std edition SP2. Is arcutil a tool available in Daivd somewhere? please can you advise where this is located.

Thanks

• Hello,

I Just wanted to say thanks for your help on this, I found the broken archive - Process monitor revealed sl.exe was always trying to access C:\David\Archive\USER\10018010.

Arcutil was unable to repair the archive so I moved folder 10018010 to a different location. sl.exe is now unable to access 10018010 and after restarting the service layer service, sl.exe immediately dropped from 60% cpu to 0%

Thanks,

Lee

• you're welcome

david.fx - 600 User - Windows Server 2008 R2 - 800 GB SAN - VMWare ESxi 5.5

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!