Beiträge von Ripthorn

Don't think this should post in this forum but can i just ask ;

What do people think of Tobit's future ? it seems that it's being used less and less now, I'm not sure how much it's now used in the UK, I'm pretty sure it's got a decent following in Germany, but is everything email wise going to go to exchange ?

Thanks.

confused now 8|

In postman, under the advanced tab, under "Use of TSL (SSL)" I've set 'Use TLS for transmission' to "if possible" and if i press F1 on that setting at the bottom of the popup help window is says:

If TLS is to be used for transmission, you will need a corresponding certificate allowing for communication via TLS connections. This certificate serves for unequivocal identification and contains the code keys used for transmission of messages. In the DAVID\UTIL\WINDOWS\TLSCERT directory on the David server, you will find the TLSCERT.EXE program to create or apply for such a certificate. In the help texts of this program (F1 key), you will find information about how to use the certificate under PostMan.

And that's what i've ran and setup ...... so the help files says you DO need a TLS certificate. Has anyone successfully set this up, even if not on office 365 ? :S

because we have been using the global address book and users local address book. so multiple duplicates in multiple places and well as in the same address book.

All sorted now - export's, excel spreadsheets highlighting duplicates and incorrect email address's etc ..... import into outlook and then import back into empty global adress book. took a few hours but it's in a much better state now :thumbup:

Just to expand on this a little more.

I've just noticed that although i can export the address book there is no import, apart from the windows address book.

So, I've got to export the csv file, edit it in excel, import it into the address book and then import that back into Tobit ?! Has anyone else done this ? i'm worried that fields are going to dissappear as i export / import / import ? IS this the only way ? ?( 8| :thumbdown:

I've spoken again to BT and now have a problem that can only be resolved if I use the new SMTP settings. So how do i set-up postman to use the following setting :

SMTP setting
    Server name: smtp.outlook.com
    Port: 587
    Encryption method: TLS

?( it's the encryption method that's confusing me ..... I can't see how I set that ? ?(

Many thanks

Good morning all,

Can I force Tobit to send an email 'out of the building' although it knows it's an internal address ?? I have a remote user (that's also in the office sometimes) and I want to be able to email him with his normal address and Tobit force it outside so when it comes back into the pop3 account waiting for collection the mobile / other pop3 accounts can pick it up too. I know that means there will be duplication in the Tobit users inbox (unless you can force it out and not appear in the inbox first time round ?)

At the moment we have a different email address anyone inside the building using Tobit has to use if they want to send it external.

Many thanks.

hello all,

Our email provider, British Telecom, have just switched email setup from themselves to office 365 :cursing: . I've configured the new pop3 settings so I'm now downloading emails again but I have an issue with the sending of emails via smtp.

The old settings ( which at present still work, but for how long ? ) in postman was a simple "Provider Mailhost : mail.btconnect.com" "port: 25". no authentication required....

The new settings need to be :

server name: smtp.outlook.com
    port: 587
    encryption method: TLS or SSL if no TLS.

I've ceated a TLS selfmade certificate using TLSCERT.EXE and saved it to DAVID\APPS\POSTMAN\CODE\TXCERT.PEM told it to use tls 'if possible' and ticked 'authentication required' ( using grabbing server account) but the monitor reports :
    (00000792) read (40/0)
    (00000792) Got complete TCP Message (Size=40)
    (1) 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated
    (1) SMTP Server: Wrong Sender Name!
    (1) RSET
    (00000792) SSLRead failed: Got=0
    (00000792) Got complete TCP Message (Size=0)
    (1) SMTP Server: Reset Error!
    (1) Mail Transmission aborted

© Tobit Software

Hello again,

I'm thinking of setting up a network scanner so we can scan and then send faxes via our copy of david xl 11. Does anyone have any experience of doing this / recommend a scanner ?? I'd also like to be able to scan directly to a printer and, if possible, scan to pc to create a pdf from the image.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :thumbup:

is there any way to link David's contacts with a blackberry with fx ? On XL i had to output the contacts as a csv file, then load that into outlook contacts and then import that list using the blackberry software, a little long winded to say the least ... just checking that thats still going to be the same ;( and there is no direct connection.

thanks

downloaded and tried to install the latest SP but it only shows a the david box with what I believe is a German cancel button, if i hit that i get a German yes/No prompt - no returns me to the first window and yes closes the install, I'm presuming that this is the German SP version and it's detecting that I have the English version installed so it doesn't run the update, so; is that correct and if so are we aware when an English SP will be released ?

Thanks 8)

Hello,

Trying to upgrade my copy of david xl to david fx 2011 but the installation fails with an sql error. it simple states that it's failed to install correctly and the tobit installation will stop.

error is:
    ~~~
    The installation of Microsoft SQL failed.
    Please check the Windows Event Viewer. More information
    can be found here. The installation is complete.
    ~~~

In the Windows log I could not see any error messages.

I've had google translator run through the forum and found a thread with exactly the same problem. How ever it's not that clear how it was solved, it looks like it was solved using a manual installation/setup of the sql but then other problems appear ? so i'm not 100% happy with trying the google translation of the fix :wacko:

This is the thread with the problem and fix?

David FX 2011 installation fehlgeschlagen (wieder SQL Server) :-/

Thanks for any help 8)