set a IMAP system fo read email instead the david client

• Dear all,

This is my first thread, sorry if this question is already solved but I just found german documents really difficult to understand.

I need to find a second way to work with the email when in the acces point of the hotels of custumer companies the firewall closes all the ports 267 ans 268 of the replica service. Web access with prot 80 is the emergency solution but I would like a best way to work faster. Especially something easy ti use for all the people.

My idea is to use thunderbird or outlook with IMAP (common port 143 usually open) and manage the IN/OUT emails in visualizations - in this way everything should be syncronized when I am able to use the replica service.

I have a version of Tobit DVADMIN.exe 12.00a - it should be the last one. with 20 users.

Could you provide me the parameters to set for a user or a solution or whatelse usefull for my problem?

Thank you in advance for your help

Stefano

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cost ()

• I add a thing to solve - help me please.

set IMAP system should be useful also for the BlackBerry synchronization of the emails.

Right now the BlackBerry Mobiles have the problem that we have double emails, both tobit client and and mobile Phone....If I write an email from mobile phone I do not have this on the server tobit and, when I delete an email I have to delete it twice.

I have just found software really expensive for the synchronization between BB and Tobit and not compatible with the new black berry system.

Which solutions do you suggest me?

Thank you
    Stefano

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cost ()

• it seems that you already managed the setup of the tobit "mail access server". For security reasons you should create a a tls certificate using tlscert.exe located in the directory \david\util\windows\tlscert. After successfully creating the certificate, rename it to "macert.pem" and copy the file to \david\apps\maserver\code. Set the option "TLS Usage" (TLS Nutzung) to "if possible" (wenn möglich" in the "mail access server" configuration. Afterwards you could connect to the "mail access server" via IMAP SSL on port 993, setting up right port forwarding ist mandatory.
    I would recommend using the smtp server of the domain hosting provider instead of using the Tobit "Postman", also for security reasons, e.g. spam...

The problem about sent mails could be fixed within your mobile phone imap client, there should be an option for setting the location for sent mails, e.g. on an iphone you can choose between saving on iphone or saving on imap server.
    The last problem about deleting messages via imap could be fixed by the option "delete messages via imap directly" (Nachrichten per imap direkt löschen".

Finally restart the "mail access server" service on your david server after setting all options!

good luck

• Dear Pascal,

first of all thank you for your reply!

I am trying to set an user in mail access server: " \\SERVERMAIL\DAVID\archive\user\10014020" (Do I have to set a path for each foler, I mean IN, OUT, address or I have just to give the father folder as I did?)

I have problem to find the tlscert.exe in the path you have given me. I was looking both into the filesystem and David administrator tree menu. For the other options everything is clear,I have just the problem with the Tls certificate.
    Solved, I created the certificate.

Anyway about the configuration of the NO tobit client to access directly to the server, how can I set this access, I mean which are the parameters like:
    user - as the web access user?
    psw - as the web access user? replica psw?
    server IMAP - My external IP address?
    port - 993
    Protecion - SLL
    IMAP path prefix - in / out

Do you have a pratical guide or example to configure a thunderbird client?

thank you

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von cost ()

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!