David FX 11.00a and Windows server 2012 R2 Essentials

• Hi,

Thanks for reading. We have Tobit David 11.00a installed in a Windows 2003 server and plan on installing a new Windows 2012 R2 essentials server. Does anyone know if our version of Tobit will work on that operating system ?

Also it's been a long while since I last moved Tobit from one server to another (10 years perhaps !). I seem to remember that we used a program called DVmigrate but I can't find it? Was it a partner only tool ( I used to work for a UK Tobit partner) and if it was does anyone still have a copy ?

Or is it now time to think about a different email system ??  ;(

Thanks

• Hello Ripthorn,
    the david-version 11.00a will not work acceptably on a Windows 2012 R2 Server.
    Please order an update on the actual Version 12.00a. Until the end of September, Tobit.Software has reduced prizes for updades with SiteCare.
    But please don't order it at Tobit.Software without having spoken with an authorized partner.

Of course, buying the update will costs some money. But the expense will be by far less then if you would change the whole systems with transferring the addresses and eMails between two completely different programs. In Addition, learning who to use a new communication-system will increase the costs.

The Migration tool still exists for david, and it's a partner-tool.
    Offering you technical Service and Consulting, it's probably well to tell you about me and my experiences:
    I was Tobit-Partner for more then 10 years. until Mai 2014.
    Today i'm working self-employed in support, Installation and training. Mostly i'm offering my work myself to the customers. In addition i get some work from SBBC and another registered Tobit-Partner, regulated by sales- and technical-assistance-contracts. Each of us has a lot of practice and specialization, and that way we supplement us. -

Normaly it's no problem for us to migrate the archives and most of the settings from the actual server to a new server.
    We have the Migration-tool. But please keep in mind that, after using david for such a long time, there will be a lot of files to be migrated.
    To calculate time, that a migration needs, it's necessary get answer to the following questions:
    - How much space need the david-archives?
    - Have there been disc-defects in the past, that caused corrupted files in david?

If you are interested in my assistance during update or migration or if you have further questions,
    then please call me on 0049-2131-151530 or send me an eMail.
    (click at username Arno to see the link "send eMail to Arno")

Kind regards
    Arnold Antons

12 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Arno (15. April 2017 um 09:05)

• Hello Ripthorn,
    this morning i have supported a customer that user the 11.00a on a Windows Server 2008 R2. On that platform it works quite well, but if Clients use Windows 8.1 same Problems can occur. The 11.00a is older then four years, in in this time a lot of changes were done.
    Todays Version of David is capable to work with actual Smartphone-Systems as IOS, Android and Blackberry's Software.
    Today's Version of david Comes with costfree APPs for these Smartphone-Systems. These Apps don't exist for the 11.00.
    In Addition, you can use not only CardDav and CalDav, but also the Exchange Active Synchronisation Service (EAS) on an Smartphone using an actual david-server.
    The Webbox has become more comfortable and has become faster.
    And the favorites in the david-client no longer appear as a tiny list in the menue - they now come Size as normal Windows-Icons. That way the user can work faster.

Perhaps it's a good idea to make the new Windows 2012 R2 Server runnning and then to install a david test Version on the new Server. Then you will see the new Features and the new look before you make your buying-decision. If you like, we can provide you with a testvesion of today's david. Test-versions run for 30 days after installing them, and they permit using most of the Backline Features, so as the message Identification Service (MIS, = Spam protection)

Kind regards
    Arnold Antons
    0049-2131-1515360

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Arno (22. September 2014 um 13:22)

• So aufgrund der postiven Rückmeldungen habe ich mich mal dran gewagt..
    die Installation lief sauber durch. Alle Dienste starten mailing funktionioert. Bisher seit 2 Tagen läuft es ohne mucken durch.

Momentan noch virtualisiert auf 2012 R2.
    Am We werde ich es auf einem echtem Blech installieren und dann auch aus der Strongbox vorhanden Mails zurücksichern. Dann berichte ich mal Anfang der nächsten Woche.
    Denke bei über 30 Mitarbeitern wird sich immer jemand schnell melden wenn es Probleme macht.

ups falscher Beitrag :D
    ich wollte eigentlich auf meinen Antworten :)

Arno. was meinst du mit nicht akzeptabel?
    Kannst du vielleicht ein paar Konkrete Beispiele nennen.
    Und ich meine nicht, dass Emails falsch wegen dem IE11 angezeigt werden... das ist ja Clientseitig.
    wo genau macht der Server Probleme? Bisher habe ich keine Abstürze oder dergleichen etc.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von RobDust (22. Oktober 2014 um 11:34)

• RobDust: Die Probleme werden spätestens dann unangenehm, wenn die Kunden Remote-Anwendungen nutzen möchten.
    Die unkomfortable alte Webbox ist nur ein Beispiel.
    David Active Sync ist mit fx.2011 unmöglich, und die alten Apps sind schon lange nicht mehr in den Stores.

• Ok da hast du natürlich Recht.
    Die drei Punkte stören im Moment gewaltig.

haben wir schon seit es den ie10 gibt
    , dass die webbox Probleme Client seitig macht. (Noch lösen wir es mit Chroms oder Mozilla)

Und die App ja so ne Sache für sich :( lösen wir im Moment mit Accounts welche die schon damals gedownloaded haben.
    Interessanterweise läuft eine der alten Apps auf ios8 wieder besser :D Anhänge usw gehen wieder.

Ok nichtsdeso trotz hatten wir diese Probleme mit tobit 2011 auch unter 2003/2008 server.
    Jetzt haben wir ne neue 2012 Maschine und es läuft im Moment sauber. Wenn dir noch andere serverseitige Probleme wegen 2012 bekannt sind, Teil mit dir bitte mit. Muss ja wissen worauf ich speziell achten sollte und worauf ich mich da einlasse ;)
    Aus ahhaus brauch ich keine hilf mehr erwarten ich weiß :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Du hast noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registriere dich kostenlos und nimm an unserer Community teil!