Beiträge von Ripthorn

Printing from Tobit from 2 users (used to only be one) results in the text being cut off as it's printing too close to the edge of the page (zero margins from what I can see)

• Tried multiple printers Including creating a PDF (this creates a PDF with the text right up to the very edge).
    • Does not matter if it's an email or a contact etc, same results.
    • Printing from Word, Excel, internet from this PC does not have this issue, only when printing from Tobit.
    • I've tried reinstalling the David Client - no change.
    • Printing the same email from another PC results in a correctly printed page, margins OK, no text cut off.

If open the email in edit mode and switch it from HTML to "Plain Text" format it prints OK with the correct border around the edge of the page and no text cut off. So it appears to be an issue printing HTML format but I can't see any DAvid settings about HTML or borders when printing etc ....

So does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this ?

Thank you for reading.

The spell checker on one pc doesn't work on David, it did work but now it's stopped. It works on everyone else's pc but not this one any more. All the settings appear to be correct, also tried the "check before you send" but it ignores it. Uninstalled and reinstalled the client but this hasn't helped. Any ideas ?

Many thanks

Thanks for the reply NoHopeNoFear

I've added our domain name to the "valid domain" names list but it still just emails me an email full of text and not an email with the scan attached as a PDF file.

email received is (I've changed the domain name here to prevent spammers ) :

X-DvISE Forward job: Try count: 1, FirstTry: Mon, September 5, 2016 16:00:29 +0100
    Received: from KMBT8087C2.disney.local [192.168.1.200] by 192.168.1.1 with David.fx (0346.43484345464650495153);
    September 5, 2016 15:00:29 UT
    To: ripthorn@disney.co.uk
    Subject: Message from KMBT_C224
    Reply-To: sales@disney.co.uk
    X-Mailer: KONICA MINOLTA bizhub C224
    Date: Mon, September 5, 2016 15:12:22 +0000
    Message-Id: <57CD8B56.005.00206B8087C2.sales@disney.co.uk>
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: multipart / mixed; boundary = "KONICA_MINOLTA_Internet_Fax_Boundary"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--KONICA_MINOLTA_Internet_Fax_Boundary
    Content-Type: application / pdf;
    name = "SKonica Min16090515120.pdf"
    Content-Disposition: attachment;
    filename = "SKonica Min16090515120.pdf"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: BASE64

JVBERi0xLjQKJeLjz9MNCg0KMSAwIG9iago8PC9UeXBlIC9QYWdlCi9QYXJlbnQgMiAwIFIK
    L01lZGlhQm94IFsgMCAwIDg0MS42ODAgNTk1LjA4MCBdCi9SZXNvdXJjZXMgPDwvWE9iamVj
    dCAzIDAgUiAvUHJvY1NldCBbIC9QREYgL1RleHQgL0ltYWdlQiAvSW1hZ2VDIC9JbWFnZUkg
    XT4 + L0NvbnRlbnRzIFsgNCAwIFIgXQovUm90YXRlIDAKPj4NCmVuZG9iago1IDAgb2JqCjw8
    L1R5cGUgL1hPYmplY3QKL1N1YnR5cGUgL0ltYWdlCi9OYW1lIC9KSTFhCi9XaWR0aCAyMzM4
    Ci9IZWlnaHQgMTY1MwovQml0c1BlckNvbXBvbmVudCA4Ci9Db2xvclNwYWNlIC9EZXZpY2VS
    R0IKL0ZpbHRlciAvRENURGVjb2RlCi9MZW5ndGggNiAwIFIKPj4NCnN0cmVhbQ0K / 9j / 4AAQ

and this string of text just carries on ............

just installed a KONICA MINOLTA C364 Series printer. typed in the ip address of the server in the printer (and set up a couple of tobit users / email addresses etc) so we can scan images to individual internal email address's. But the email comes in as just text, not an attached image. Any ideas ??

Windows server 2003 David FX11

thanks for reading

just a note to say that I can scroll down in the preview window to find and access any attachments. It's only when I try to open the email I can't see the email contents. I've also tried on the main DC server and the same thing happens. Must be a bug rather than a rights issue.
    Thanks

Hello all,

It's been a while but i'm back. I've just setup David client web access for one user. All works successfully and they can log into the web client and see all their emails, in box, out box etc .... and when they click on an email they can see the email preview but when we try to open the email it opens the email in a new tab / pop up and although the header information ( email from , to, subject etc ) appears, the body of the email isn't shown, it just says:

DOCUMENT NOT FOUND
    The requested document does not [or no longer] exist on this server. The link could be outdated or wrong. Please check your proxy server (reload without caching) or report this error to our Web master.Thank you!

I can't it being a rights issue if it can see the email and the preview etc ... ?

What have I missed ?

EDIT: Just to edit this a little - If i hit forward or reply I can read the entire email o.k. ( just don't have access to any attachments it appears )

EDIT2: If I forward an email that came in with an attachment the recipient can see and read that attachement, I just can't see it at all in the web client. Are these bugs in the system ?

Thanks for reading.

Nigel

Hi,

Thanks for reading. We have Tobit David 11.00a installed in a Windows 2003 server and plan on installing a new Windows 2012 R2 essentials server. Does anyone know if our version of Tobit will work on that operating system ?

Also it's been a long while since I last moved Tobit from one server to another (10 years perhaps !). I seem to remember that we used a program called DVmigrate but I can't find it? Was it a partner only tool ( I used to work for a UK Tobit partner) and if it was does anyone still have a copy ?

Or is it now time to think about a different email system ?? ;(

Thanks

SQL_Guy

Just to let you know I've got webbox and access to my inbox working internally. It's been a long time since I tried that trick ! At the moment the text is showing in German still, any ideas how i make it into English ?

Thanks, getting there !!

Yes, I think web browser will be o.k. Just need to browse the Tobit folders and send emails.... I think I saw the browser at a demo a long time ago :wacko:

hi,

Never tried this side of David before. We have need to access our David system remotely. I've looked at VPN's and remote desktop etc ...... but how easy is it to set up to be accessed remotely directly ? We don't have a fixed ip address, so I'm not sure if that will cause's too many problems ?

Thanks for reading and any hints in the right direction will really be appreciated. :love:

Version: Tobit David Fx 11.00a

On the David.adminsitrator, under the user and then the eMail account tab, I'm setting up an email account but on the outgoing email server I need to use port 587. I've put the smtp server as smtp.livemail.co.uk:587 but in the postman monitor it tries to "connect to smtp.livemail.co.uk:587 on port 25" which obviously doesn't work. So how can I change the port ?(

Thanks

Version: Tobit David Fx 11.00a

The help file for the comment box says when you do a search the search will also include the comments box, but when i've tried this is doesn't seem to include it. Do other people get the same results or have I missed an option to turn on ?(

Thanks

Guten Tag,

I posted a very long email problem, but got no replies, so I think i'll shorten it...

We have been forced to use TLS when sending emails. I've got it working but only if we all send from one email address.

In the postman -> provider -> authentication required settings i can put "Method: SMTP (AUTH=LOGIN)" and type in an email address and the password, and it will send ( as long as we all pick that same email address when sending). If i change Method to 'Use grabbing server account', the emails aren't accepted during transit. In the grabbing server accounts I've ticked 'Use also for SMTP Authentication', and they all work when collect the emails so the usernames & passwords must be correct.

(just out of interest the grabbing server accounts are created manually under the POP3 accounts. I've created one directly from the users, but then i can't see an option to tick for SMTP authentication).

I know this must work as all the options are there to make TLS work, but i can't see what i'm doing wrong. If I can't fix it we may have to abandon Tobit altogether :wacko:

Thanks for reading

Hello all,

Happy new year !! :thumbup:

I started this query last year but I've managed to move it on slightly now. It's regarding using TLS with Tobit.

British Telecom has forced all it's users to "upgrade" to the new system via outlook which has to use TLS. I managed to get grabbing server to work with the new settings but I couldn't quite get Postman to be as happy, but at a friendly BT guy told me November time last year "there is no plans to stop the old 'mail.btconnect.com' settings" so i left it at that, which was fine until they stopped the old mail.btconnect.com working this week ! :cursing:

I spoke to BT support, they got a remote connection to my pc and wrote down in notepad as he spoke why we have to upgrade and what is compatible ( i'll post it at the bottom if you like ), so not really very helpful....

Any way I managed to get Postman working with TLS, but in a very limited way..... I can only send an email from one address !

In the postman settings -> provider tab -> (I've got the settings as listed below), authentication ticked -> parameters button -> SMTP (AUTH=LOGIN) and the email address and password for our main email. Now this works, as long as everyone picks the same senders name when sending an email. :pinch:

If I change the the Parameters button to 'Use Grabbing Server Account' then all email fails to go. I know that the Grabbing Server POP3 accounts are correct (username & password) because they are collecting the emails successfully, and I've ticked the POP3 accounts -> options tab -> "Use also for SMTP authentication" option. So as far as i can see it should all work but it doesn't. The postman log results as :

(00000664) read (40/0)
    (00000664) Got complete TCP Message (Size=40)
    (1) 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated
    (1) SMTP Server: Wrong Sender Name!
    (1) RSET

So, is it;

• A bug within David

• Something / a setting I've missed

• A BT fault ( don't think it's that !)

Any help to get me working and not looking to swap to *gasp* :S Exchange 8| :thumbdown: will be really really gratefully appreciated !! :thumbup:

Thanks

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

BT "help"

Pre Migration = 1980's email (lets add things as we develop them)

POP3 insecure
    server: pop3.btconnect.com
    port: 110
    ssl: none
    user: <username> or <username>@btconnect.com

SMTP insecure
    server: smtp.btconnect.com or mail.btconnect.com
    port: 25
    ssl: none
    smtp authentication: not required when on an internal IP (bt business broadband)
    - means anyone or any software could send using plain text

-------
    Post Migration (2006< ratification globally = industry complient standard)

POP secure
    server: pop.outlook.com
    port: 995
    ssl: required
    user: <full email address>

SMTP secure
    server: smtp.outlook.com
    port: 587
    ssl: required (TLS is the client has a slection of types)
    smtp authentication: required
    smtp user: <full email address> - need to be validated against an actual pop inbox = sender must exist as an inbox
    smtp pass: <same as incoming>

---------
    If email client is not industry complent
    - you will need to use another SMTP server
    - you can run your own software that accepts insecure connections internally and transmits to industry complient servers securely
    - if you run your own server, it does not go thru your ISP server as it sends directly to the remote end

----
    Exchange 2003/ SBS2003/SBS2008- non complient -- SBS2008r2 (is complient)
    When using a smart host> it only uses a single user id to send on behalf of everyone
    johndoe@example.com >>> looks like samsmith@example.com is trying to sign for it

----
    If running your own server you need to build a rep for you IP = Reverse DNS
    F DNS: bob.example.com 123.123.123.123
    rDNS: 123.123.123.123 123-123-123-123.sw.routing.youisp.com (dhasdhas.btopenworld.com)
    rDNS 123.123.123.123 bob.example.com
    100% reputaion

Again: you do not neet a certificate on the David server to let it communicate via SSL/TLS with the server of the provider.

o.k. you've convinced me :P :D ;)

So how do I get Tobit to work with TLS then ? I guess it's through the authentication settings..... I think I must be just missing the right combination ?(

I guess BT won´t go that far.

Your right ! especially as BT have moved it to Microsoft ..... luckily port 25 on BT is still open .... not sure for how long .... must a good while yet as everyone they have swaps over to the new system.